Thursday 31 January 2013

Sample SOp : Molecular Biology


"Education is a companion which no future can depress, no crime can destroy, no enemy can alienate it and no nepotism can enslave"
It is this maxim that urged me to think higher right from my young age. Science has always been a fascination and more of a miracle to me from my childhood. Right from my school days, I always enjoy studying biology. It is the science of life. Unlike physics, biology does not usually describe systems in terms of objects, which obey immutable physical laws described by mathematics. Nevertheless, the biological sciences are characterized and unified by several major underlying principles and concepts. At the school level though exposed to only major concepts of biology, the terms like cell, genes, DNA, protein an so on intrigued me a lot. I used to question myself as to how could these molecules/components, though very small in size, could perform heavy load of working a well -planned manner and that too within a fraction of second. Then I decided that after my school I should pursue my education in biological science
Educated at one of the nation’s best schools, I was exposed to diverse objects that expounded the myths and mysteries of life. It was the Biological Sciences that titillated me the most with the very first acquaintance. After obtaining the best grades of ***** in Biological sciences, I chose Biology and Mathematics as my electives at High School. My incipient enchantment with Biology and the burning desire for a scientific career persuaded me to opt for Biology as my career option.
The continuation of my pursuit, I successfully got admission into B.sc ( Human Genetics , Biotechnology, Biochemistry) from Andhra University from where I graduated with 85%. Driven by the desire to do research in Molecular Biology, from my very first day at college, I explored several options and obtained a cutting edge, assimilating to the maximum, from my coursework to in plant trainings. In college I have been exposed to many fields of study like biochemistry, cell biology, micro biology, molecular biology, genetics, genetic engineering, protein engineering, enzyme engineering, immunology, bioprocess engineering, bio informatics etc ** enter subjects***. During my undergraduate program the two areas that evoked an ardent interest in me were “Molecular Biology” and “Cell Biology”. That I obtained the first best grades of 75% in a class of 40 in these subjects is testimony to and reflection of my zest and zeal for these subjects. My insatiable thirst for delving deep into these subjects coupled with my profound aptitude for research in Molecular Biology has inspired me to pursue a Graduate career.
I stood 9th in Andhra university combined entrance test for M.Sc. I did my M.Sc in Human Genetics from Andhra university - 75% and I have done a 6 months project on "Role of 936 VEGFC/T gene polymorphism in South Indian Pre-eclamptic women"  **** give a brief description of project and what you learnt**
**ADD IELTS/TOEFL, GRE etc sores****
Also participated in various National and international level conferences such as the XXX ,SSS

Apart from my curriculum, I have a very good leadership and organization skills. I am also a good team player.
I believe that the knowledge I have gained is little and there is much more to learn and relearn. So with the knowledge I posses and desire to learn more, along with my leadership abilities, make graduate study a natural choice for me. I am sure that a M.S in your university will definitely widen the horizons of my knowledge and help me attain a milestone in my career.
My search for the best match of objectives, passions and dreams has ended at your university with the best of fundamental research in all avenues of Molecular Biology. I am confident of realizing my goals here, as the best outlook and facilities are available to students with the best of opportunities. I am sure, I am behooved to the University’s requirements with the right goals and attitude towards educational and research excellence. My goal is to train myself thoroughly through my M.S. programme and proceed further on to a PhD in Molecular Biology. I came to know about the masters’ programme offered in your university through university web site and went through the webpage to learn more. I am very fascinated with the research works that are carried out in the university and as my interest falls in the same line. It will be greatest of privilege to me if your university provides me the opportunity to carry on my further education in the university. I request you to consider my application favorably and provide me an opportunity to pursue my higher studies in your esteemed university.

10 comments:

  1. Journal of Genetics and Molecular Biology Research is an international peer reviewed journal strives to publish high quality articles on emerging developments and supports current research in the field of genetics and molecular biology.SCITECH - Journal of Genetics and Molecular Biology Research

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the yellow inserts in text! I'm working on my statement of purpose biology and samples like this one are actual life saviours! I find it pretty hard to organize my thoughts altogether after doing the research on school I'm applying to, program I'm enrolling into, and professors I'll work with (if I will get into school). But I hope for the better! This is really important to me and I will do my absolutely best to get into school of my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So helpful, thanks for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Electrical and electronic engineering online courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Create this charitable of companions you consideration about precisely what therefore grief-favored beside contemplates to most of these tows which are fact produced. Nigh sum of the companies do negative habitat provide bolster involving executors digres. Indian black granite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the informative article. This is one of the best resources I have found in quite some time. Nicely written and great info. I really cannot thank you enough for sharing. NEET Exam preparation guide

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Clyde hollick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. 3D Scanner San Francisco

    ReplyDelete