Wednesday 16 January 2013

sample SOP for MS in Computer Science


Build passion for knowledge rather than success. This is the principle that I followed throughout my career. Gain knowledge and rest follows is the motto that inspired me. Since my childhood I have passion towards problem solving, cracking puzzles and so on. Later on that transformed to passion towards programming. The rapid development in Information Technology and how it is helping mankind and making things easier, created quest to gain knowledge in computers.
Looking back, I studied my **info of high school**,one of the best schools in my city. It is the place where my roots for career got established. Qualities like discipline and focus are inculcated in me. And also I completed my High School with ***  which was not up to the mark as I had to focus on both academics and sports during my schooling. During my high school, **relay extra curriculars** That was the turning point in my life where I had to resist my passion towards sports as hobby and started to concentrate on my education. During my Intermediate Education, I recognized that I am good at problem solving and have good analytical skills. This is the stepping stone for me to decide to opt for computer science as my career. I opted for Mathematics, physics, chemistry in my intermediate in New Generation Junior College and completed it with **score**.I stood among top 4% students in the Intermediate Exam from the city . Later on my obvious choice was to pursue my further education in computers, so I opted for Computer Science and Engineering branch in B.Tech and completed it with **score**. I was privileged to be chosen to pursue under graduate education at **** College, affiliated to ****l University, which is one of the most reputed colleges in my country.
The atmosphere of college and qualified faculty increased my zeal to study. I got merit certificate for my outstanding performance in academic year ****. This increased my responsibility and created deep insight in me which encouraged gaining an all-round development. The Head of my department provided me the opportunity to teach my juniors, and had great confidence in me. This gave me a greater scope of improvement not only technically but also as a good communicator. I also started taking part in extracurricular activities and organized technical events, which I believe have helped develop team spirit and good leadership qualities in me.As being part of these great events, taught me to interact with people and taking decisions which would be crucial. The curriculum of XXXX University gave me a thorough knowledge on Computer Science with strong conceptual understanding.

Even though my main objective is to gain a deeper insight into the fields of my interest, I choose the path of Software industry to satisfy my urge to see the practical aspect of what I have learnt. I feel that I have made a wise decision, thus by knowing what skills does a corporate software engineer need to have and where am I lacking in my skills set. My overall knowledge in computers, leader ship skills, decision making made me get recruited for one of the best software firm ******* In the training I stood among the top 5% of performers and stood in the top Band after training. Training includes an in depth study of various programming languages, database concepts and design of algorithms.Later on I was posted to the leading **** Software product called***as a developer. Here I got a great knowledge of how software is developed starting from requirement gathering to the unit testing. Recognizing my talent, I was assigned to handle the project where I had done an enhancement to the existing system and able to complete it within the deadlines. Also I was involved in defect fixing activity where various critical and major issues needed to be fixing on priority and with stringent deadlines. In my current job, as work is very demanding, I feel that it is difficult for doing research in my field of interest. I strongly feel like working on “Algorithms”, “Database management systems”, and “Operating Systems” .Hence, I feel that I need to return to the academic world to fulfill my desire by opting Masters in Computer science.
In a world where technology evolves every day, I need specialized training beyond my undergraduate level to have a competitive edge and help me keep pace with the generation of problems and product applications. Masters will give me the depth of knowledge and exposure and will also act as a catalyst in my career. The course structure, infrastructure and research at your university seem to be parallel to my interests. Given a chance, I am confident that I will exploit my potential to the fullest. I am confident that with my academic standards and strong motivation, zeal, positive attitude and with the aid of the university’s graduate program, I will be able to make a significant contribution to the research endeavors at the University.I take this opportunity to request for suitable financial assistance and assistant ship from the department and college. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to express myself.

8 comments:

  1. When it comes to statement of purpose or SOP whether it is statement of purpose for MBA or MS you need to focus on writing it well and in an impressive manner about your experiences and influences about the course and how it help in your life and your career and you can take also help of some online samples of SOPs

    ReplyDelete
  2. In writing report, you should have you clear ideas and creative thoughts

    Thanks
    how to write a statement of purpose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Article :D Check out this free Gre pratice test

    ReplyDelete
  4. The personal statement will most likely be the most important piece you will write for your graduate degree application. Personal statement essays aid the admission committee in assessing an applicant's eligibility to graduate school. sop for ms in computer science

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Electrical & Electronics Engineering

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Chimakurthy granite companies list

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice your content. Thank for your posting this informative information. always provide high quality IT service such as Software development firm, Digital marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Tim hornibrook

    ReplyDelete